My readers may have noticed that I haven’t posted in nearly a month. I haven’t been gone, just watching.
I haven’t had much to say, so I haven’t said much. The rapidity of changes in the Middle East has made us all wonder. And I think it’s very important to wonder, especially to wonder where it’s all going. I don’t know a single soul who isn’t glad that Libyan tyrant Muammar Gaddafi appears to be on his way out, but we need to also wonder who or what will replace him. It’s hard to think what could be worse than his oppressive rule and opposition to Western civilization, but neither do want to see an al-Qaeda regime in their place. Which is a serious possibility, at least according to this analysis passed along by JCPA. We need to pay attention. We need to watch.
My readers also know that my primary interest is in Israel. (Although how can you separate Israel’s concerns from the rest of what’s going on in the Middle East?) The buzz lately has been that Prime Minister Netanyahu is about ready to give away the farm. I’m not actually his committed supporter as much as I may appear, but the more I watch, the more I see him coming through in the pinch. ICEJ printed an item a few days ago which makes me think he may not be quite so much on a wrong track as the media would have us believe. We’ll see.
Oh—and this week again is supposed to Israel Apartheid Week. Although it seems to be more of a whimper than a bang this time around. I call the reader’s attention again to the essay I posted last year about what real apartheid is (and how Israel in no way fits the description), written by one who knew the real deal first hand, and had to flee South Africa as a result of his opposition. Or speaking in terms of the application of the concept to the current Middle East situation, if you want to see apartheid, just look at Saudi Arabia, Turkey or Iran. Or what do you think another word for dhimmitude might be? Can anyone say, Islamic Apartheid Week, 52 weeks a year?
Which brings me back around to the title of this post. I’ll close out with another cross-posting from IsraeliGirl of Hate Links to Report. One of my alert readers last time around pointed out a misspelling in one of the links. I’ll admit at this point that I haven’t gone to each of the listed sites before reposting them here (for one thing, I’m still not on Facebook, for a couple of serious reasons, but I’m not here to discuss that). So maybe I’m going out on a limb a little bit, but I think IsraeliGirl has proven herself a reliable source, so I’m not going to, as they say, worry about it at this point. And remember what they also say: just do it.
Report hate spreading users
Fighting hate is a tedious job – it seems that for every user we report 5 new ones spring up in its place. But this only makes me more determined to stand up to hate and anti Semitism. The list of links today are all of users that spread hate, promote anti Semitism and de-legitimise Israel. Please report them to Facebook or Twitter respectively.
Login into your facebook account and click on any of these links. Click on the "Report/Block this person" or the "Report page" link on the left hand side of the screen.
- Students for Justice in Palestine – spreading anti semitic hate messages claiming Israel is engaged in ethnic cleaning
- Justice for Palestine – blames Israel of brainwashing Christian children and encourages people to sign up for the next flotilla to Gaza.
- Abdus Ayydin Rayyan Samad – justifies shooting rockets on civilians in Israel
- cactijakeye – bluntly calls himself anti Semitic in his profile – supports hateful conspiracy theories like 9/11 was an inside Israeli job
- xXKelly82Xx – claims Zionists are not human and other fanatic hate speech
- BoycottAhava – behind the global campaign to boycott Ahava products claiming Ahava Cosmetics are made by Israeli profiteers in Occupied Palestine.
- Ziggy stardust – with twits like "racist zionist settlers kill Palestinian children" there is no doubt Ziggy Stardust is anti Zionist and Anti Semitic
- Remroum – openly supports terrorism against Israel
- Tha Captain – Anti zionist calling Israel a murdering state
- Ali Abunimah – constantly spreads Israel Apartheid mantra
- Jinjirrie – Promotes flotilla anti zionist and anti Semitic causes
- Worldpeace2day – obsessively promotes Israel Apartheid messages
- Nouren shiraz – constantly calling Israel a racist terrorist state engaged in "ethnic cleansing"
Thank you for taking part in this effort – all of us in Giyus.org are for free speech but that does not entitle anyone to delegitimize Israel and spread hate against the Jewish people as a whole.