One or two 140s for February 12th

I didn’t spend a lot of time in twitter land today, so I don’t have much to say here.  There will be days like this, not that there isn’t much happening, but there are times when I’m needed elsewhere, or perhaps just need to rest. This new “140s” post category has been a stimulus to be a little more active, but as a friend of mine sometimes says, “you just don’t not never know.”

One thing that did catch my eye today was an interesting piece presented on Unity Coalition for Israel written by Jerusalem Post columnist Sarah Honig, called “Nessie and Why Obama Can’t.” And this happily led me to discover the Twitter page of Yoram Ettinger, whose very insightful writings are worth a look-see. Check out his article “It’s Inter-Arab Violence, Stupid!” here.

And then in my mail bag today was the item that, while former President George W. Bush was quietly visiting and praying for the wounded soldiers at Fort Hood, the Obama administration found out, and sent President Bush a message to please leave, to enable Mr. Obama to come in and stage a photo-op without the embarrassment of having someone more sincere and well respected around.  When I get an email like that, I try to verify it somewhere, and I was satisfied enough to find it printed here on, maintained by the Roll Call Group, which has been around a while – like over fifty years.  Rather than make you go read it, I’ll just reprint it here, and hope it doesn’t spoil your weekend.

Bush Asked to Leave Ft. Hood !!!

I sent my cousin in Fayetteville, N.C. (retired from Special Forces) that picture of Geo. W. visiting the wounded at Ft. Hood .. I got this reply:

What is even better is the fact George W. Bush heard about Fort Hood, got in his car without any escort, apparently they did not have time to react, and drove to Fort Hood. He was stopped at the gate and the guard could not believe who he had just stopped. Bush only ask for directions to the hospital then drove on. The gate guard called that "The president Is on Fort Hood and driving to the hospital." The base went bananas looking for Obama. When they found it was Bush they immediately offered escort and Bush simply told them to shut up and let him visit the wounded and the dependents of the dead. He stayed at Fort Hood for over six hours and was finally asked to leave by a message from the White House. Obama flew in days later and held a "photo " session in a gym and did not even go to the hospital. All this I picked up from two soldiers here who happened to be at Fort Hood when it happened.

This Busy/Obama/Ft.Hood story is something that should be sent to every voter in the US.

Class shows up…

The doctor had his tv on in his office when the news of the military base shootings came on. The husband of one of his employees was stationed there.

He called her into his office and as he told her what had happened, she got a text message from her husband saying, "I am okay." Her cell phone rang right after she read the message. It was an ER nurse,"I’m the one who just sent you a text, not your husband. I thought it would be comforting but I was mistaken in doing so. I am sorry to tell you this, but your husband has been shot 4 times and he is in surgery."

The soldier’s wife left Southern Clinic in Dothan and drove all night to Ft.Hood. When she arrived, she found out her husband was out of surgery and would be OK. She rushed to his room and found that he already had visitors there to comfort him. He was just waking up and found his wife and the visitors by his side The nurse took this picture.

Pres_GW_and_Fam_with_Wounded_FortHood_Soldier What? No news crews and cameras? This is how people with class respond and pay respect to those in uniform.


Comments Off on One or two 140s for February 12th

Filed under 140s, From my mailbox

Comments are closed.